BB-320 Fundamentals of Human Resource Management
The development of current policies, practices, and techniques necessary to ensure effective personnel management in complex organizations are covered. There will be an emphasis on the role of operating supervisors, executives, and the union in researching such challenges as employee select...more
- Course ID: BB 318
- Start Date: 09/04/2017
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Method of Instruction: Online
Units: 3Apply now
The development of current policies, practices, and techniques necessary to ensure effective personnel management in complex organizations are covered. There will be an emphasis on the role of operating supervisors, executives, and the union in researching such challenges as employee selection, training, placement, wage and salary administration, promotion, fringe benefits, employee services, and management-labor relations.
B.A. Cal State University, Long Beach
M.B.A. Keller Graduate School of Management, Pomona, California
- Explain how human resources managers and other managers can have rewarding careers by helping their firms gain a sustainable competitive advantage through the strategic utilization of people.
- Explain how good human resources practices can help a firm’s globalization, corporatesocial responsibility, and sustainability efforts.
- Describe how technology can improve how people perform and are managed.
- Explain the dual goals HR managers have in terms of increasing productivity and controlling costs.
- Discuss how firms can leverage employee differences to their strategic advantage and how educational and cultural changes in the workforce are affecting how human resources managers engage employees.
- Provide examples of the roles and competencies of today’s HR managers and their relationship with other managers.
- Explain how human resources planning and a firm’s mission, vision, and values are integrally linked to its strategy.
- Understand how an organization’s external environment influences its strategic planning.
- Understand why it is important for an organization to do an internal resource analysis.
- Explain the linkages between competitive strategies and HR.
- Understand what is required for a firm to successfully implement a strategy and assess its effectiveness.
- Describe how firms evaluate their strategies and HR implementation.