This course introduces students to the opportunities and challenges associated with the creation and management of entrepreneurial and small organizations. This course discusses innovative and contemporary approaches in addressing areas such as: starting, acquiring a business, succeeding in busin...more
- Course ID: BB 345
- Start Date: 05/03/2019
- Duration: 8 Weeks
- Method of Instruction: Online
Units: 3Apply now
This course introduces students to the opportunities and challenges associated with the creation and management of entrepreneurial and small organizations. This course discusses innovative and contemporary approaches in addressing areas such as: starting, acquiring a business, succeeding in business, and franchising a small business venture. The course also provides the foundation for small business and an overview of business concepts, including topics such as: theories of entrepreneurship, types and characteristics of entrepreneurship, the business life cycle, entrepreneurial economics, accounting and financial management, legal issues, marketing research and planning, human resource management, ethics and social responsibility, product and service research development and acquisition, and the use of technology.
B.A. Cal State University, Long Beach
M.B.A. Keller Graduate School of Management, Pomona, California
- Critical Thinking: Students will clearly show the existence of actively conceptualizing, applying, evaluating the information gathered to various aspects of business challenges by showing dependable and well-thought perspectives that drive change.
- Technology and Analytical: Students will clearly show the existence of understanding how businesses use digital technology to succeed and how to use the same technology to solve business challenges.
- Communications: Students will be able to demonstrate effective and practical communication to business situations, generate professional business documents, effectively collaborate in a team environment, and prepare and deliver effective oral presentations.
- Application & Evaluation: Students will be able to apply critical thinking, technology and analytical and communication skills to business situations and formulate business strategies while effectively managing expected outcomes.
The Big Picture
How this course ties into your program outcomes:
|Critical Thinking||Technological & Analytical||Communication||Application & Evaluation|
I = Introduced
D = Developed
M = Demonstrated at the Mastery level suitable for graduation