BB-365 Business Policy and Strategy
Introduce the knowledge and tools that today's most successful firms use to build business and consistently outperform the competition with the latest edition of Ireland/Hoskisson/Hitt's UNDERSTANDING BUSINESS STRATEGY CONCEPTS PLUS, Third Edition. This book clearly demonstrates to your s...more
- Course ID: BB 411
- Start Date: 12/04/2017
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Method of Instruction: Online
Units: 3Apply now
Introduce the knowledge and tools that today's most successful firms use to build business and consistently outperform the competition with the latest edition of Ireland/Hoskisson/Hitt's UNDERSTANDING BUSINESS STRATEGY CONCEPTS PLUS, Third Edition. This book clearly demonstrates to your students what today's most successful firms already know--how solid management strategy equals the decisive actions necessary to create sustainable competitive advantage. Written by strategy leaders recognized for their reliability and currency, this concise text's strong conceptual foundation highlights the latest strategic management research and cutting-edge practices. Students learn from both successes and failures in this action-oriented book as they examine the impact of business strategy in familiar firms and learn from the mistakes of those who failed to apply the strategic process. This edition's unique applied learning approach guides students, step-by-step, through creating strong strategy, planning for success, implementing responsive action, competing effectively with strategy, analyzing the environment and firm, and improving upon results. Students develop practical workplace skills as UNDERSTANDING BUSINESS STRATEGY CONCEPTS PLUS, Third Edition's powerful cases, experiential exercises, and videos from world business leaders reinforce how solid strategy leads to responsive actions that separate successful firms from those that fail.
B.A. Cal State University, Long Beach
M.B.A. Keller Graduate School of Management, Pomona, California
- Critical Thinking: Students will clearly show the existence of actively conceptualizing, applying, evaluating the information gathered to various aspects of business challenges by showing dependable and well-thought perspectives that drive change.
- Technology and Analytical: Students will clearly show the existence of understanding how businesses use digital technology to succeed and how to use the same technology to solve business challenges.
- Communications: Students will be able to demonstrate effective and practical communication to business situations, generate professional business documents, effectively collaborate in a team environment, and prepare and deliver effective oral presentations.
- Application & Evaluation: Students will be able to apply critical thinking, technology and analytical and communication skills to business situations and formulate business strategies while effectively managing expected outcomes.
The Big Picture
How this course ties into your program outcomes:
|Critical Thinking||Technological & Analytical||Communication||Application & Evaluation|
I = Introduced
D = Developed
M = Demonstrated at the Mastery level suitable for graduation