BB-400 Basic Research Methods
This course will provide an opportunity for students to establish or advance their understanding of research through a critical exploration of research language, ethics, and approaches. The course introduces the language of research, ethical principles and challenges, and the elements of the rese...more
- Course ID: BB 400
- Start Date: 05/03/2019
- Duration: 8 Weeks
- Method of Instruction: Online
Units: 3Apply now
This course will provide an opportunity for students to establish or advance their understanding of research through a critical exploration of research language, ethics, and approaches. The course introduces the language of research, ethical principles and challenges, and the elements of the research process within a quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods approach. Participants will use these theoretical underpinnings to begin to critically review literature relevant to their field or interests and determine how research findings are useful in forming their understanding of their work, social, local and global environment.
Mr. Aitua Ogiamien has over 15 years of experience in the fields of technology and business. Starting his own business in 2003, he managed a referral-only-based consultation company that assisted s
- Critical Thinking: Students will clearly show the existence of actively conceptualizing, applying, evaluating the information gathered to various aspects of business challenges by showing dependable and well-thought perspectives that drive change.
- Technology and Analytical: Students will clearly show the existence of understanding how businesses use digital technology to succeed and how to use the same technology to solve business challenges.
- Communications: Students will be able to demonstrate effective and practical communication to business situations, generate professional business documents, effectively collaborate in a team environment, and prepare and deliver effective oral presentations.
- Application & Evaluation: Students will be able to apply critical thinking, technology and analytical and communication skills to business situations and formulate business strategies while effectively managing expected outcomes.
The Big Picture
How this course ties into your program outcomes:
|Critical Thinking||Technological & Analytical||Communication||Application & Evaluation|
I = Introduced
D = Developed
M = Demonstrated at the Mastery level suitable for graduation