MB-505 Project Management
This course is study of topics involved with managing projects. It examines the roles and skills of the project manager and the project office. Students will study the phases of the life cycle, specifically the activities, requirements, methodologies, and tools common in project management. The c...more
- Course ID: MB 505
- Start Date: 11/12/2018
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Method of Instruction: Online
Units: 3Apply now
This course is study of topics involved with managing projects. It examines the roles and skills of the project manager and the project office. Students will study the phases of the life cycle, specifically the activities, requirements, methodologies, and tools common in project management. The course requires a high degree of student involvement throughout the semester. In class or on line, working individually or in groups, students will be engaged in active learning. Many of the topics examined in this course have been well documented in text books, journals, and other publications. Discussions about the topics covered during the semester will require student reading and research. Students should plan to prepare homework assignments prior to class, be prepared to discuss key issues in class and in online forums. A final exam will be given and class will conclude with presentations of the students’ research projects.
M.B.A., Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI, M.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Middle Eastern Technical University, Ankara, Turkey, B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering and B.Sc. Physics, Middle Easte
- Critical Thinking: Students will clearly show the existence of actively conceptualizing, applying, evaluating the information gathered to various aspects of business challenges by showing dependable and well-thought perspectives that drive change.
- Technology and Analytical: Students will clearly show the existence of understanding how businesses use digital technology to succeed and how to use the same technology to solve business challenges.
- Communications: Students will be able to demonstrate effective and practical communication to business situations, generate professional business documents, effectively collaborate in a team environment, and prepare and deliver effective oral presentations.
- Application & Evaluation: Students will be able to apply critical thinking, technology and analytical and communication skills to business situations and formulate business strategies while effectively managing expected outcomes.
The Big Picture
How this course ties into your program outcomes:
|Critical Thinking||Technological & Analytical||Communication||Application & Evaluation|
I = Introduced
D = Developed
M = Demonstrated at the Mastery level suitable for graduation