MB-506 Risk Management Analysis and Mitigation
In today’s world of rapid information flows, rising volatility, regulatory concerns and oversight, prudent management increasingly requires understanding and measuring risk. Merged or individual banks, securities dealers, insurance companies and industrial firms with significant finan...more
- Course ID: MB 506
- Start Date: 01/07/2019
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Method of Instruction: Online
Units: 3Apply now
In today’s world of rapid information flows, rising volatility, regulatory concerns and oversight, prudent management increasingly requires understanding and measuring risk. Merged or individual banks, securities dealers, insurance companies and industrial firms with significant financing operations, all require enterprise-wide risk management that may span many operations across currencies and locations in real time. Risk management establishes standards for aggregating disparate information, gathering market data, calculating risk measures and creating timely reporting tools for management market, credit, and operational risks. This course is directed toward students interested in understanding how large-scale complex risk can be quantified, needs to be managed and architected. We identify the business and technical issues, regulatory requirements and techniques to measure and report risk across a major organization.
Ph.D., Organization & Management, Capella University, M.B.A., Business Administration, Leadership & Technology, New York Institute of Technology, M.A., Business Administration, Leadership &
- Critical Thinking: Students will clearly show the existence of actively conceptualizing, applying, evaluating the information gathered to various aspects of business challenges by showing dependable and well-thought perspectives that drive change.
- Technology and Analytical: Students will clearly show the existence of understanding how businesses use digital technology to succeed and how to use the same technology to solve business challenges.
- Communications: Students will be able to demonstrate effective and practical communication to business situations, generate professional business documents, effectively collaborate in a team environment, and prepare and deliver effective oral presentations.
- Application & Evaluation: Students will be able to apply critical thinking, technology and analytical and communication skills to business situations and formulate business strategies while effectively managing expected outcomes.
The Big Picture
How this course ties into your program outcomes:
|Critical Thinking||Technological & Analytical||Communication||Application & Evaluation|
I = Introduced
D = Developed
M = Demonstrated at the Mastery level suitable for graduation