MB-517 Price Profit and Economy
This course describes the current body of micro and macroeconomic knowledge relevant and applicable to business. This course provides students with strategic tools to use theoretical analysis to solve specific business problems through operations research. Topics include analytical tools for opti...more
- Course ID: MB 517
- Start Date: 10/28/2018
- Duration: 8 Weeks
- Method of Instruction: Online
Units: 3Apply now
This course describes the current body of micro and macroeconomic knowledge relevant and applicable to business. This course provides students with strategic tools to use theoretical analysis to solve specific business problems through operations research. Topics include analytical tools for optimization, theory of demand, production and cost, linear programming and the theory of production, the firm and its objectives, market structure and pricing, general equilibrium and theory of money, theory of distribution, theory of capital, capital budgeting, recent development of applied economics, and economic outlook for the future.
Ph.D., Organization & Management, Capella University, M.B.A., Business Administration, Leadership & Technology, New York Institute of Technology, M.A., Business Administration, Leadership &
- Critical Thinking: Students will clearly show the existence of actively conceptualizing, applying, evaluating the information gathered to various aspects of business challenges by showing dependable and well-thought perspectives that drive change.
- Technology and Analytical: Students will clearly show the existence of understanding how businesses use digital technology to succeed and how to use the same technology to solve business challenges.
- Communications: Students will be able to demonstrate effective and practical communication to business situations, generate professional business documents, effectively collaborate in a team environment, and prepare and deliver effective oral presentations.
- Application & Evaluation: Students will be able to apply critical thinking, technology and analytical and communication skills to business situations and formulate business strategies while effectively managing expected outcomes.
The Big Picture
How this course ties into your program outcomes:
|Critical Thinking||Technological & Analytical||Communication||Application & Evaluation|
I = Introduced
D = Developed
M = Demonstrated at the Mastery level suitable for graduation