MB-518 Organizational Theory and Development
The course reviews theories and tools of organizational development starting at the individual level and moving through interpersonal to the formation of groups. It takes a comprehensive approach to the change process through the integration of theory and practice in a business enterprise. Specif...more
- Course ID: MB 518
- Start Date: 10/16/2017
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Method of Instruction: Online
Units: 3Apply now
The course reviews theories and tools of organizational development starting at the individual level and moving through interpersonal to the formation of groups. It takes a comprehensive approach to the change process through the integration of theory and practice in a business enterprise. Specific topics include ethics, interpersonal intervention, group dynamics, communication, cross-cultural awareness, organizational behavior, multinational organization and management development.
Ph.D., Organization & Management, Capella University, M.B.A., Business Administration, Leadership & Technology, New York Institute of Technology, M.A., Business Administration, Leadership &
- Critical Thinking: Students will clearly show the existence of actively conceptualizing, applying, evaluating the information gathered to various aspects of business challenges by showing dependable and well-thought perspectives that drive change.
- Technology and Analytical: Students will clearly show the existence of understanding how businesses use digital technology to succeed and how to use the same technology to solve business challenges.
- Communications: Students will be able to demonstrate effective and practical communication to business situations, generate professional business documents, effectively collaborate in a team environment, and prepare and deliver effective oral presentations.
- Application & Evaluation: Students will be able to apply critical thinking, technology and analytical and communication skills to business situations and formulate business strategies while effectively managing expected outcomes.
The Big Picture
How this course ties into your program outcomes:
|Critical Thinking||Technological & Analytical||Communication||Application & Evaluation|
I = Introduced
D = Developed
M = Demonstrated at the Mastery level suitable for graduation