MB-521 Applied Financial Management
This course will explore the proper financial management of an organization. The scope of the course includes historical, theoretical, and procedural analysis of the firm’s finance function with specific emphasis on maximizing shareholder value. Focus areas include capital structure, divide...more
- Course ID: MB 521
- Start Date: 05/03/2019
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Method of Instruction: Online
Units: 3Apply now
This course will explore the proper financial management of an organization. The scope of the course includes historical, theoretical, and procedural analysis of the firm’s finance function with specific emphasis on maximizing shareholder value. Focus areas include capital structure, dividend policy, working capital management, and valuation. Through analyzing cases, as well as completing assigned exercises and problems, you will further develop and strengthen your financial management skills required to meet the challenges facing today's complex organizations.
M.B.A., Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI, M.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Middle Eastern Technical University, Ankara, Turkey, B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering and B.Sc. Physics, Middle Easte
- Critical Thinking: Students will clearly show the existence of actively conceptualizing, applying, evaluating the information gathered to various aspects of business challenges by showing dependable and well-thought perspectives that drive change.
- Technology and Analytical: Students will clearly show the existence of understanding how businesses use digital technology to succeed and how to use the same technology to solve business challenges.
- Communications: Students will be able to demonstrate effective and practical communication to business situations, generate professional business documents, effectively collaborate in a team environment, and prepare and deliver effective oral presentations.
- Application & Evaluation: Students will be able to apply critical thinking, technology and analytical and communication skills to business situations and formulate business strategies while effectively managing expected outcomes.
The Big Picture
How this course ties into your program outcomes:
|Critical Thinking||Technological & Analytical||Communication||Application & Evaluation|
I = Introduced
D = Developed
M = Demonstrated at the Mastery level suitable for graduation