MB-530 Legal Issues of Business
This course examines the formulation, interpretation, and application of law to business. It incorporates the study of ethical issues that arise in contemporary business settings, including professional conduct and corporate social responsibility. This course covers major areas of legal regulatio...more
- Course ID: MB 530
- Start Date: 05/03/2019
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Method of Instruction: Online
Units: 3Apply now
This course examines the formulation, interpretation, and application of law to business. It incorporates the study of ethical issues that arise in contemporary business settings, including professional conduct and corporate social responsibility. This course covers major areas of legal regulation to which businesses are subject, including tort liability, contract law, partnership and corporate law, employment and labor law, intellectual property law, environmental regulation and sustainability, and financial regulation. Emphasis is placed on active, experiential application of legal reasoning and analysis and on the global and comparative dimensions of legal and ethical issues.
State Bar of California, April 2015, J.D., American Heritage University School of Law
Bachelor of Art in Political Science, Ashford University, 2014
Bachelor of Science in Law,
- Critical Thinking: Students will clearly show the existence of actively conceptualizing, applying, evaluating the information gathered to various aspects of business challenges by showing dependable and well-thought perspectives that drive change.
- Technology and Analytical: Students will clearly show the existence of understanding how businesses use digital technology to succeed and how to use the same technology to solve business challenges.
- Communications: Students will be able to demonstrate effective and practical communication to business situations, generate professional business documents, effectively collaborate in a team environment, and prepare and deliver effective oral presentations.
- Application & Evaluation: Students will be able to apply critical thinking, technology and analytical and communication skills to business situations and formulate business strategies while effectively managing expected outcomes.
The Big Picture
How this course ties into your program outcomes:
|Critical Thinking||Technological & Analytical||Communication||Application & Evaluation|
I = Introduced
D = Developed
M = Demonstrated at the Mastery level suitable for graduation