MB-548 Strategic Management and Implementation
The course objectives are to provide guidelines and techniques for analysis, development and implementation of a competitive strategy for any specific company. The course topics include assessment and analysis of the firm’s competitive strengths and weaknesses, resources and capabilities. A...more
- Course ID: MB 548
- Start Date: 03/04/2019
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Method of Instruction: Online
Units: 3Apply now
The course objectives are to provide guidelines and techniques for analysis, development and implementation of a competitive strategy for any specific company. The course topics include assessment and analysis of the firm’s competitive strengths and weaknesses, resources and capabilities. A major part of the course will involve applying concepts, frameworks, analytical techniques, and managerial insights to strategic issues that real companies face. Students will be encouraged to apply this approach to their own company, if appropriate. The course is designed to improve decision-making in a competitive and dynamic environment and thus enable managers to take action to improve a company’s position in the market place.
M.B.A., Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI, M.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Middle Eastern Technical University, Ankara, Turkey, B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering and B.Sc. Physics, Middle Easte
- Define strategic competitiveness, strategy, competitive advantage, above-average returns, and the strategic management process.
- Use resource-based model to earn above average returns Identify major components of a strategic management process.
- Evaluate the organization's motivation strategy, innovation strategy, and people strategy.
- Explain the importance of analyzing and understanding the firm’s external environment.
- Define and describe the general environment and the industry environment.
- Discuss the four activities of the external environmental analysis process.
- Name and describe the general environment’s seven segments.
- Identify the five competitive forces and explain how they determine an industry’s profitability potential.
- Explain value and importance for firms to study and understand their internal organization.
- Reasoning and importance to perform SWOTT analysis
- Explain the role of ethics and corporate responsibility in strategic planning.