MB-548 Strategic Planning and Implementation
The course objectives are to provide guidelines and techniques for analysis, development and implementation of a competitive strategy for any specific company. The course topics include assessment and analysis of the firm’s competitive strengths and weaknesses, resources and capabilities. A...more
- Course ID: MB 548
- Start Date: 03/04/2019
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Method of Instruction: Online
Units: 3Apply now
The course objectives are to provide guidelines and techniques for analysis, development and implementation of a competitive strategy for any specific company. The course topics include assessment and analysis of the firm’s competitive strengths and weaknesses, resources and capabilities. A major part of the course will involve applying concepts, frameworks, analytical techniques, and managerial insights to strategic issues that real companies face. Students will be encouraged to apply this approach to their own company, if appropriate. The course is designed to improve decision-making in a competitive and dynamic environment and thus enable managers to take action to improve a company’s position in the market place.
Ph.D., Organization & Management, Capella University, M.B.A., Business Administration, Leadership & Technology, New York Institute of Technology, M.A., Business Administration, Leadership &
- Critical Thinking: Students will clearly show the existence of actively conceptualizing, applying, evaluating the information gathered to various aspects of business challenges by showing dependable and well-thought perspectives that drive change.
- Technology and Analytical: Students will clearly show the existence of understanding how businesses use digital technology to succeed and how to use the same technology to solve business challenges.
- Communications: Students will be able to demonstrate effective and practical communication to business situations, generate professional business documents, effectively collaborate in a team environment, and prepare and deliver effective oral presentations.
- Application & Evaluation: Students will be able to apply critical thinking, technology and analytical and communication skills to business situations and formulate business strategies while effectively managing expected outcomes.
The Big Picture
How this course ties into your program outcomes:
|Critical Thinking||Technological & Analytical||Communication||Application & Evaluation|
I = Introduced
D = Developed
M = Demonstrated at the Mastery level suitable for graduation