Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree program with emphasis on theories, concepts and applications. Suitable for students who are interested in learning business strategy and principles & more.
- Next Start: October 28, 2018
- Duration: 104 weeks
- Units Required: 60
- Method of Instruction: Online
Tuition: $150 per unitApply now
About the BBA Program
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree program with emphasis on theories, concepts and applications. This program is suitable for students who are interested in learning business strategy and principles, preparing them to work in a professional business environment.
This degree also covers the basics of allied subjects, as well as offering an introduction to courses such as information systems in organization, business statistics, e-business, research methods, finance, economics, leadership and ethics, project management, operations management, human resource management and many other business administration focused subjects.
BBA Program Learning Outcomes
The BBA is designed to offer practical broad knowledge of the functional aspects of a company and how the interactions of these aspects are successfully executed from a middle management capacity. The AHUSC BBA focuses on development in four key areas as they pertain to business;
- Critical Thinking
- Technology & Analytical
- Application & Assessment
At the completion of the BBA program:
Students will clearly show the existence of actively conceptualizing, applying, evaluating the information gathered to various aspects of business challenges by showing dependable and well-thought perspectives that drive change.
Technology and Analytical
Students will clearly show the existence of understanding how businesses use digital technology to succeed and how to use the same technology to solve business challenges.
Students will be able to demonstrate effective and practical communication to business situations, generate professional business documents, effectively collaborate in a team environment, and prepare and deliver effective oral presentations.
Application & Evaluation
Students will be able to apply critical thinking, technology and analytical and communication skills to business situations and formulate business strategies while effectively managing expected outcomes.
Tuition & Fees
At AHUSC, we know that the high cost of tuition at traditional colleges and universities are not within the financial range of many prospective students. The statistics show that for the majority of working adults and professionals campus based programs are not the answer. We are committed to offering very affordable tuition to fit your needs and your budget. The cost for the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) is $150.00 per unit. For list of all additional fees, please click here.
The Bachelor of Business Administration requries one-hundred and twenty (120) semester units. One semester unit is equivalent to fifteen (15) contact hours per course per week and the following criteria must be met:
- A minimum of thirty (30) semester units in general education with two courses in Humanities, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, plus English Composition I, English Composition II, one Mathematics course and one additional course from either the area of Humanities, Natural Sciences or Social Sciences
- Completion of a minimum of thirty (30) semester units in the major
Transfer of Incoming Credits Policy
The university may accept a maximum of 6 graduate semester units in transfer toward the Master's degree for graduate course work completed at an institution licensed by California's Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education, or by an institution appropriately accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education, or an accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA); or, for non-U.S. institutions, an educational institution approved by an equivalent authority. Credit earned in graduate courses for which a grade of "B" or higher was earned will be considered for transfer. To enable the evaluation of prior college work, official transcripts must be provided to the University.
Staying current with productivity technology is an important part of your education and an important component of our method of instruction. To ensure your success in our programs, you will need access to and use of the hardware and software listed below. You must also have the technical skills outlined in the Academic Catalog.
- A processor of 2 GHz or faster
- 4 GB RAM or greater
- A high-speed internet connection with a connection speed of 1.5 MB/s or better.
- The use of satellite and cellular connections may result in slowness or errors (timeouts, access problems) when accessing the classroom and course materials.
- The use of public access computers and internet (for example, at restaurants and public institutions such as libraries) may result in slowness or errors (timeouts or access problems) when accessing the classroom and course materials. Public access computers may not permit any access to certain course materials or systems due to security limitations.
- Monitor and video card with 1024x768 or greater resolution
- Keyboard and Mouse is recommended
- Speakers/Headphones and Microphone
- A noise-canceling headset is recommended
- Public access computers may not permit usage of speakers, headphones or microphones.
- A web camera capable of video web conferencing
- Microsoft® Office 2013 or later for a personal computer (PC), Microsoft® Office 2011 or later for a Mac
- An up to date installation of Adobe® Reader
- An up to date installation of the Adobe® Flash plug-in
- Local administrative privileges to operating system may be required to allow for installation of software and/or configure computer settings
- A current security suite application (updated regularly)
- Some courses may require the purchase of additional software including Microsoft® Visio and Microsoft® Project
Students are required to have reliable access to a PC or Mac but may use a mobile device such as a phone or tablet as a secondary means of access with our Populiweb (Learning Software System). This app is available for iOS and Android users. Please keep in mind that access to website functionality and required course materials may be limited on mobile devices.
All students need access to a computer for success in their coursework. The operating systems on most computers already have some features that include these accessibility technologies:
- Changing font size
- Changing the size of desktop icons
- Magnification of portions of your screen
- Converting text to speech
- Altering background color
- Captioning for audio
- Speech recognition
- Accessibility for operating systems
A Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree can prepare you for a variety of entry to mid-level positions in various industries. Graduates holding BBA degrees commonly find jobs in marketing, finance, sales and management, but the degree can be applied to nearly any area of business. If you're interested in a particular industry or area of business, you can designate a specialization within your degree program, such as finance, marketing, operations management, information technology or human resource management.
Business administration majors often work for private and public corporations or firms in various industries. Positions you might qualify for include sales manager, customer service specialist, marketing analyst, sales representative, business developer, database administrator, advertising manager and project manager. Some graduates specialize in entrepreneurship and choose to start their own business. A BBA degree also serves as good preparation for an advanced degree in fields such as business, law or education.
List of Employment Positions determined to be within the field for which a student received education and training for the calculation of job placement rates (CEC section 94910(f)(2)) Occupational Employment and Wages, May 2016 13-0000 Business and Financial Operations Occupations (Major Group) As obtained from The Bureau of Labor Statistics https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes130000.htm
- Agents and Business Managers of Artists,
- Performers, and Athletes
- Buyers and Purchasing Agents,
- Farm Products
- Wholesale and Retail Buyers,
- Except Farm Products
- Purchasing Agents,
- Except Wholesale,
- Retail, and Farm Products
- Claims Adjusters,
- Examiners, and Investigators
- Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage
- Compliance Officers
- Cost Estimators
- Human Resources Specialists
- Farm Labor Contractors
- Labor Relations Specialists
- Management Analysts
- Meeting, Convention, and Event Planners
- Compensation, Benefits, and Job Analysis Specialists
- Training and Development Specialists
- Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists
- Business Operations Specialists, All Other
- Accountants and Auditors
- Appraisers and Assessors of Real Estate
- Budget Analysts
- Credit Analysts
- Financial Analysts
- Personal Financial Advisors
- Insurance Underwriters
- Financial Examiners
- Credit Counselors
- Loan Officers
- Tax Examiners and Collectors, and Revenue Agents
- Tax Preparers
- Financial Specialists