MB-505 Project Management
This course develops a foundation of concepts and solutions that supports the planning, scheduling, controlling, resource allocation, and performance measurement activities required for successful completion of a project....more
- Course ID: MB 505
- Start Date: 09/11/2022
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Method of Instruction: Online
Units: 3Elective Course
This course develops a foundation of concepts and solutions that supports the planning, scheduling, controlling, resource allocation, and performance measurement activities required for successful completion of a project.
M.B.A., Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI, M.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Middle Eastern Technical University, Ankara, Turkey, B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering and B.Sc. Physics, Middle Easte
At the completion of this course, a student will be able to:
- Understand the importance of PM in most industries and businesses and to apply specific tools, models and processes.
- Understand the Importance of applying these methodologies and tools at the four distinct stages in the Project’s life cycle; The Definition, Planning, Execution and Closing Phase.
- Understand key levers for measurement and follow up, Management Dashboard and Key Performance Indicators.
- Identify and Analyze factors for successful Projects, as well as reasons for failure based on specific case studies in the context of effective Risk Management.
- Understand the structure of financial statements relating to Profit and Loss statement, Cash Flow Statement and Balance Sheet and identify positive as well as warning signs within financial statements as indicators of issues for management to address.
- Identify and Assess technologies used to facilitate project completions.
The Big Picture
How this course ties into your program outcomes:
|Business Knowledge||Critical Thinking||Communication||Technology||Ethics|
I = Introduced
D = Developed
M = Demonstrated at the Mastery level suitable for graduation