Online Education Requirements
Distance Learning Requirements
Staying current with productivity technology is an important part of your education and an important component of our method of instruction. To ensure your success in our programs, you will need access to and use of the hardware and software listed below. You must also have the technical skills outlined in the Academic Catalog.
- A processor of 2 GHz or faster
- 4 GB RAM or greater
- A high-speed internet connection with a connection speed of 1.5 MB/s or better.
- The use of satellite and cellular connections may result in slowness or errors (timeouts, access problems) when accessing the classroom and course materials.
- The use of public access computers and internet (for example, at restaurants and public institutions such as libraries) may result in slowness or errors (timeouts or access problems) when accessing the classroom and course materials. Public access computers may not permit any access to certain course materials or systems due to security limitations.
- Monitor and video card with 1024x768 or greater resolution
- Keyboard and Mouse is recommended
- Speakers/Headphones and Microphone
- A noise-canceling headset is recommended
- Public access computers may not permit usage of speakers, headphones or microphones.
- A web camera capable of video web conferencing
- Microsoft® Office 2013 or later for a personal computer (PC), Microsoft® Office 2011 or later for a Mac
- An up to date installation of Adobe® Reader
- An up to date installation of the Adobe® Flash plug-in
- Local administrative privileges to operating system may be required to allow for installation of software and/or configure computer settings
- A current security suite application (updated regularly)
- Some courses may require the purchase of additional software including Microsoft® Visio and Microsoft® Project
Students are required to have reliable access to a PC or Mac but may use a mobile device such as a phone or tablet as a secondary means of access with our Populiweb (Learning Software System). This app is available for iOS and Android users. Please keep in mind that access to website functionality and required course materials may be limited on mobile devices.
All students need access to a computer for success in their coursework. The operating systems on most computers already have some features that include these accessibility technologies:
- Changing font size
- Changing the size of desktop icons
- Magnification of portions of your screen
- Converting text to speech
- Altering background color
- Captioning for audio
- Speech recognition
- Accessibility for operating systems