American Heritage University of Southern California

Transfer Credit Policy

Transfer Credit Policy

AHUSC understands that all of our prospective students have previously completed some form of college education. All applicants can request that credits previously completed at other universities be considered for transfer into AHUSC. The applicant seeking the transfer of credits will need to provide written notification to the Dean’s office containing the title and name of each course along with a copy of the course description and the name of the university where the credit was earned. Credit transfer request are processed using a standard that attempts to match possible transfer credits to degree program requirements at AHUSC.

In order to accept transfer credits, the Registrar will review official catalogs from the institution where the courses were taken for credit. If necessary, the Registrar will request the Dean to review the material to help ensure there is a match between the potential transfer credits and the requirements of the AHUSC degree program. Credits requested for transfer should have been completed no more than seven years prior to being requested for transfer into AHUSC.

The Registrar may require the applicant to provide additional information in order to help support the evaluation process. In addition to an official transcript from the previous university, additional types of information may be requested including but not limited to the following:

  • Syllabi of courses being considered for transfer credit
  • Official catalog(s) covering the dates the courses were taken and the number of possible transfer credits allowed is based upon the following requirements:
    1. Undergraduates: Can transfer up to 75% of their Bachelor's degree program from other programs and institutions. Only courses with a grade of C or higher (2.0 on a 4.0 GPA scale) can be considered for transfer.
    2. Graduates: Can receive transfer credit for up to 50% of the program. Only 6 units/credits can be applied to core courses and only graduate courses with the grade of B or higher (3.0 on a 4.0 GPA scale) can be considered for transfer.

Please note: International students looking to obtain transfer credit from an institution located outside of the United States will need to obtain a detailed course-by-course evaluation from any member of the following evaluators located on our website: