"Change is the end result of all true learning."- Leo Buscaglia
About American Heritage Univerisity of Southern California
American Heritage University of Southern California (AHUSC) was founded in December of 2003 to address the needs of career-minded, lower-income adult learners whose expectations were not being met by traditional colleges and universities. Originally incorporated in January of 2004, as Heritage University in Montclair, California as a distance education institution, it changed its name in 2005 to American Heritage University. The name change was necessary due to the discovery of the existence of another California corporation with a similar name. Also in 2005, the university relocated to 255 North D Street in San Bernardino, California. In October of 2006, the University enhanced its distance learning methodology by adopting a hybrid mode of instruction, combining traditional "classroom" educational methods and state-of-the-art technologies. In May of 2009, the name changed to and has remained American Heritage University of Southern California.
In 2004, AHUSC was granted with a temporary license to operate by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education (BPPVE). In 2005, AHUSC was fully licensed to offer seven (7) different degree programs, including a Juris Doctorate (JD) in Law. Also included were three (3) levels of English as a Second Language (ESL) as a non-degree certificate program. In 2007, two (2) additional degree programs were added. Beginning January 1, 2008 law schools in California came under the jurisdiction of the California Committee of Bar Examiners (CBE). Since that time, American Heritage University School of Law has remained a registered, un-accredited distance learning facility in good standing with the CBE. Beginning January 1, 2010, private postsecondary schools operating in California came under the jurisdiction of the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE). Due to its good standing with the BPPE, AHUSC was granted continuing status to operate its existing programs for an additional five (5) years. In August 2014, AHUSC relocated to 1802 East G Street, Ontario, CA 91764 presently running only two degree programs: BBA and MBA.
The university has also maintained an equally diverse body of faculty members to service the particular needs of its student body.
The mission of American Heritage University is to cultivate the capacity of the working professional through the use of efficient curriculum and technical resources to meet the studentsâ€™ career needs at an affordable cost.
- To provide higher education services at an affordable cost.
- To encourage and facilitate research and innovation among faculty and students.
- To participate in the provision of cross-border education.
- To adhere to the belief that institutional excellence will lead to superior academic achievement.
- To act ethically at all times and under all circumstances.
- Our affordable alternative to traditional education will better prepare adult learners to take advantage of professional and personal opportunities.
- By providing technology-based instruction, career-minded adult learners are afforded a unique opportunity to assimilate higher education with contemporary and international perspectives.
- Our multicultural, holistic approach to educational philosophy better prepares adult learners to deal with the realities of a new global economy.
- By providing an environment of educational excellence at all levels, students will appreciate, embrace and make life decisions that reflect the benefits of striving for excellence.
- By our adhering to the highest ethical standards, students will understand and appreciate, by example, the value of ethics and apply the right behaviors in their personal and professional lives.