This course examines the role of the human resource professional as a strategic partner in managing todays organizations. Key functions such as recruitment, selection, development, appraisal, retention, compensation, and labor relations are examined. Implications of legal and global environments are appraised and current issues such as diversity training, sexual harassment policies, and rising benefit costs are analyzed. Best practices of employers of choice are considered.
Course Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this course, a student will be able to:
- Describe trends in the labor force composition and how they impact human resource management practice.
- Discuss how to strategically plan for the human resources needed to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Define the process of job analysis and discuss its importance as a foundation for human resource management practice.
- Explain how legislation impacts human resource management practice.
- Compare and contrast methods used for selection and placement of human resources.
- Describe the steps required to develop and evaluate an employee training program
- Summarize the activities involved in evaluating and managing employee performance.
- Identify and explain the issues involved in establishing compensation systems.
Area of Focus
This course focuses on the the introduction of business knowledge
Start your educational journey by applying today. We are currently accepting applications
Mode of Learning
This course is 8 weeks long. It is broken up into weekly modules
This a 3 unit course. The units are required to complete the program
The total cost for this MBA course is $750. Payment is paid in full
The method of instruction for this MBA course is online
I completed my Integrated MBA from Gems B school in the year 2017. It has been a life changing experience throughout the course as its one of the best platforms to learn while you earn. American Heritage University & Gems B School designed a course which allowed me to have the theoretical knowledge while studying and applying the same on field at the same time.
Vinod NairMBA Graduate
While I started my career as a Business Development Executive in an IT firm at the beginning of the corporate integrated MBA program offered by American Heritage University of Southern California, my career took a big leap step by step achieving several goals during the journey and ending up as a Business Head while I completed the MBA program. Thanks to the American Heritage University of Southern California for designing this corporate integrated MBA program to benefit the individuals like me, helping me build my skill set and encouraged us to be Entrepreneurs.
Malcolm VivekInternational Student, GEMS B
How to Apply?
- You Apply
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
- We Connect
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
- You Get Ready
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.