Refund Policy of American Heritage University of Southern California
A student has the right to cancel an Enrollment Agreement, a course, or a program. The following refund policies are applied.
AHU has and maintains the following policy for the refund of the unused portion of tuition fees and other charges in the event the student does not register for the period of attendance or withdraws therefrom at any time prior to completion of the courses or otherwise fails to complete the period of enrollment. The institutional refund policy for students who have completed 50% or less of the course of instruction shall be a prorated refund. Notice of cancellations shall be in writing; however, the initial notification to the university can be in any means available to the student. For the purpose of determining a refund under this section, you shall be deemed to have withdrawn from a program of instruction when any of the following occurs:
- You notify AHUSC of your withdrawal or as of the date of your withdrawal, whichever is later.
- AHUSC terminates your enrollment for failure to maintain satisfactory progress; failure to abide by the rules and regulations of the institution; absences in excess of maximum set forth by the institution; and/or failure to meet financial obligations to the School.
- You have failed to attend class for three (3) consecutive weeks.
- You have failed to return from a leave of absence.
To cancel an Enrollment Agreement or withdraw from the university, the student must notify American Heritage University of Southern California using any of the following means available to the student
- Via mail: AHUSC Attn: Registrar 9227 Haven Ave, STE 210, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
- Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via Phone: (909)884-9000 ext. 113 or Fax: 909-467-1199
If a student cancels the Enrollment Agreement or withdraws from the university within the first seven calendar days after the start of their class, then the student will receive a 100% refund of all monies paid. However, if the student cancels the Enrollment Agreement or withdraws from the university after the seventh calendar day of the scheduled start of the class then the student will receive refunds according to the proration refund chart described below.
The effective date of the cancellation will be the date the student first notified AHUSC. via email, telephone, fax, etc., or the date of the postmark indicated on the request letter sent through the US Mail. The refund due will be provided within 30 days of the date of notification.
Percentage of Refund
2nd day of class to end of week 1
*Refundable tuition is the total course tuition minus the registration fee.
Registration Fee Refund Policy
Registration fees are non-refundable 7 days after the start of a student’s initial term.
The following is an example of how the prorated refund works for an 8-week BBA course:
- If the student pays $450 tuition and registration fee ($280) for the term and withdraws within the first 7 days of the start of the term, then the full tuition of $450 plus the registration fee of $280 will be refunded.
- If the student withdraws after week one, then the $280 registration fee is non-refundable
- If the student pays $450 tuition for the term and withdraws, depending upon the day the student notifies AHUSC of their decision to withdraw, the student will receive the following:
Example: Student pays $450 in tuition and $280 registration fee:
Tuition Refund to Student
Registration Refund to Student
First Day of Class
100% = $450.00
First Week after 1st Day
90% = $405.00
75% = $337.50
65% = $292.50
50% = $225.00
Fifth Week & After
0% = $0.00
^This fee is paid twice during the course of the program. It is paid directly to PSI Online Proctoring. Visit PSI Online Proctoring for more information.
*Enrollment for the first year includes a one-time $50 non-refundable fee and a $50 Transcript Evaluation Fee (TEF), annual $100 **Registration Fee, and annual $180.00 **Technology Fee.
**Refundable after first class session, or the seventh day after enrollment, whichever is later.
*** Applies only to MBA degree program. This fee is paid directly to the provider (Capsim).
Cengage Unlimited: Cengage Unlimited is a first-of-its-kind subscription model offering students access to unlimited course materials each semester—all for one low price. Upon subscription, students will have access to all Cengage ®library of online textbooks, study tools, and resource centers.
Visit https://www.cengage.com/unlimited/ for more information. AHUSC suggests the $180.00 annual subscription for access to all required textbooks for the enrolled program. This fee is paid directly to the publisher.
For additional information, please view our school catalog.